New Israeli Government Coalition
- Benjamin Netanyahu of the Likud Party was Israeli Prime Minister from 2009 - 2021 and had the potential to maintain this position for much longer, as there are no term limits.
- On Sunday, June 13, the Knesset voted 60-59 in favor of enacting a new coalition, led by Naftali Bennet, who will serve as Prime Minister for 2 years, and Yair Lapid, who will take on the position in 2023.
- Natftali Bennet of the ultranationalist Yamina party previously served as Netanyahu's chief of staff and defence minister. Prior to entering the political field, he worked in the tech industry.
- Yair Lapid of the centrist Yesh Atid party organized this new coalition and previously served as leader of the opposition and finance minister. Prior to entering the political field, he worked as a TV anchor.
This Israeli coalition consists of 8 parties.
Yesh Atid (17) - centrist, led by Yair Lapid.
- Emphasis on a liberal economy and advocate for the middle class. Favors the establishment of a Palestinian state with Israeli settlements in the West Bank and east Jerusalem.
Blue and White (8) - centrist, leaning right, led by Benny Grantz.
- Favors negotiations with Palestine, but supports Israeli settlements in the Jordan Valley and West Bank.
Yisrael Beiteinu (7) - right wing nationalist, led by Avigdor Lieberman.
- Emphasis on secularism. Opposes the creation of a Palestinain state.
Labor (7) - left wing, led by Merav Michaeli.
- Emphasis on gender equality and climate change. Favors the establishment of a Palestinian state, but supports certain Israeli settlements.
Yamina (6) - right wing nationalist, led by Naftali Bennet.
- Emphasis on strengthening Jewish identity. Opposes the creation of a Palestinian state and calls for the annexation of the West Bank.
New Hope (6) - right wing, led by Gideon Sa-ar.
- Emphasis on political reforms, including the establishment of term limits, and a liberal economy. Opposes the creation of a Palestinian State.
Meretz (6) - left wing, led by Nitzan Horowitz.
- Emphasis on gender equality, climate change, and LGBTQ+ rights. Favors a two state solution and ending settlement construction.
United Arab List (3) - Islamic conservative, led by Mansour Abbas.
- Emphasis on defending the Arab Israeli community.