The Middle East Policy Council encourages university students to apply for internships. During their time at the Middle East Policy Council, interns should expect to gain insight into the professional work of a nonprofit organization. Interns can look forward to:
• Working alongside the different employees at the office
• Working on the organization's PR - social media updates and web presence
• Assisting in proofreading, copyediting, and overall production of the journal for one issue cycle
• Helping plan and organize a quarterly Capitol Hill conference
• Administering the front desk (phone and email services) and completing office management tasks
• Contributing to educational outreach efforts
Interns can also expect to stay up to date on events happening in the region and to be closer to news sources, be it through the Middle East Policy journal or the topical conferences around DC. Interns should have strong writing skills, be detail-oriented and able to multi-task and manage their time efficiently. Upon completion of the internship, the intern is expected to be more familiar with the work of a nonprofit organization and have a more thorough and in-depth understanding of Middle East issues.
To apply for an internship, send a cover letter, resume, and a 2 page writing sample to Megan Geissler: MGeissler@mepc.org.
Summer: March 30
Fall: July 30
Winter/Spring: November 30